Hi, I’m Amanda and I work in the fundraising department. Specifically, I work on the events that raise money to keep the Center going strong.
New York City is gearing up for its annual Pride Week, and we’ve been doing the same in our fundraising office! I’ve spent the past few months recruiting food companies to take part in our annual Pride celebration, Garden Party 26, which will take place next week on Monday, June 22nd at Pier 54. And can I tell you, it’s been a blast! We’ve enjoyed an amazing response from local food companies this year; it’s been really exciting to work with all these businesses who want to support the Center!
Look at these numbers:
* 36 food participants this year — this is a record! This includes restaurants, caterers and specialty foodmakers. Many of them have also contributed to the “All Food” Silent Auction that will take place at the pier.
* 22 of these participants are new to the Center! Food companies want to be a part of the only LGBT tasting festival in the country!
* More than 10 of these food companies have participated for two years or more! That tells us that they feel it’s important to support our community and that they see the benefits of attending this event.
* 26 amazing auction items at the “All Food” Silent Auction that will take place at Garden Party 26. Come bid on tickets to Saturday Night Live, elegant dining packages, theater tickets and more!
Sometimes my stomach rumbles when I read my email: restaurants have been sending me menus for months now. (My friends are jealous that I get to work with restaurants all day!) How do these menu items sound:
* Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche
* Corn Fritter with Tomato Jam
* Asian Chicken Salad & Watermelon Lemonade
* Mini Pulled Pork Sliders
* Spicy Gazpacho with Smoked Lobster
Delicious, right! Well, you can try all this and more when you come to Garden Party 26. Purchase your ticket on our site and “Eat your pride out!”
Don’t forget to support your neighborhood restaurants! We have been overwhelmed by the response from local businesses, especially those in Chelsea and Village neighborhoods, and are truly grateful for their support of the LGBT community.
See you on the pier!